Pages

Sunday, September 6, 2015

Forgiveness and Awkward+Awesome

I've been being taught a lot about forgiveness this year. Forgiveness and putting my trust in God because, let's face it, people are screwed up- Bad! I'm no exception but when you're on the receiving end of somebody's mess ups, it kind of is more noticeable.

Forgiveness is absolutely key to joy. If we hold back forgiveness, we're really doing a number on ourselves. It might hurt the other person for a while but in the end they're just like.. "Well okay then. What the heck do I care if they're like that anyway." and they can go on with life whereas you are still mad. Believe me, I've been on both ends of this!

Alrighty, time for awkward + awesome now!

Awkward:

1. Realizing you have quite a few scars on you and stating "I have soo many scars!" to your mom and she answers, "That's nice." .....she thought I said "scarves"

2. Dreaming that a really nice kid you knows runs off the side of a cliff and dies and everybody else at church is sad but continues with the church function while you go into deep sadness... I think too many books I write have something to do with people dying lol

Awesome:

1. Seeing a friend at church that I haven't seen in a few weeks. Who cares if I didn't get to say hi? I saw them!

2. God's Fatherhood!

4 comments:

  1. Loved this post Ruth!! Sorry it has taken me so long to come over and visit your blog. I'm loving poking through all your posts! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's fine, Shelby! I have to admit, I'm very bad at checking you girls' blogs out! haha

      Thanks!

      Delete