Pages

Sunday, October 18, 2015

How Beautiful the Feet

"How beautiful upon the mountain are the feet of him that... publisheth salvation"

I'll be quite honest. My feet are very frequently a great annoyance to me. They're wide so it's hard to fit in a lot of shoes. They're not long, so I can't opt for a bigger size without tripping on the toes. My feet are ugly. I tiptoed for many many years (still do.. it's why I like to wear heels ;) ) and due to the way I put my weight on my feet, my toes are at times bent to the side. As I said, my feet are ugly.

So as I've been getting older and figuring out the direction God would have me go with my life after highschool, I've been thinking of missions and praying about it. I forget how it came about but I suddenly realized that I don't have to fit into a size 7 shoe for my feet to be beautiful! I can have beautiful feet by publishing the gospel! That is the sort of beautiful feet we should want as Christians. "For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ for it is the power of God unto salvation"

I like that verse quite a bit. It is beautiful to me. I want those kind of beautiful feet! Feet that bring the gospel to people who need it.

Life is confusing and uncertain, but God is certain and as we need!

2 comments: