Pages

Friday, October 16, 2015

Isaiah's Prophecies

I was reading Isaiah 5 and in that chapter, there is a prophecy/warning. I was reading all the "because" and "woe" and the reasons behind the prophecy parts and it really began to concern me. Read the excerpts below.

"Because they are haughty" (Isaiah 3:16)

"Woe to those... they do not regard the work of the Lord, nor consider the operation of His hands" (Isaiah 5:12)

"Woe to those who draw iniquity with cords of vanity, and sin as if with a cart rope; that say, "Let Him make speed and hasten His work, that we may see it; and let the counsel of the Holy One of Israel draw near and come, that we may know it" (v. 18)

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil" (v. 20)

"Woe to those who are wise in their own eyes and prudent in their own sight!" (v. 21)

"Woe to them... who justify the wicked for a bribe and take away justice from the righteous man!" (v. 23)

I read those passages and said to myself, "Oh, God, we have done all that against You! This passage is us- now!" It is really quite disconcerting! You know what was going to happen to Israel for all this? They were going to be put through horrible wars and famines and devastation and persecution.

We're haughty. We think we're the awesomest and whatever we say goes. (I'm speaking of us as a collective community of people here)

We don't regard the works of God.

You know how much sin goes on in this country??? And a lot of people say, "I want proof that God is who He says"

We call good evil and evil good. We call pro-life people evil, and pro-abortion people good. I don't think I can come up with a more drastic comparison than that.

We're wise in our own eyes.

We justify the wicked. We give them excuses and all kinds of loopholes.

We are collectively fulfilling this prophecy in our own country and believe me, God will respond the same way unless we repent. I've been praying for my country for quite a while now. Let's all pray that God would truly bless America and spare us and forgive our sins!

No comments:

Post a Comment