Pages

Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Poetry

Did I mention I also pride myself on writing poetry? No I don't pride myself... I just enjoy doing it! Here's a little sample that I never gave a name. Comment below and suggest names! :D

The baby cries, and dear old dad,
opens his eyes just a tiny tad.
He sees sweet mommy,
lift the tiny tot.
His mind is in a foggy,
incoherent spot.
"Let me hold her, just this once.
I'm certain that I,
can perform the stunt."
Mommy is tired,
and that he surely knows,
or he never would aspire,
to calm the baby's throws.
When finally the baby sleeps,
to the nursery daddy silently creeps.
He looks quietly in,
on dreaming, precious dolls.
O to give them each their whim-
puppies, ponies, castle walls!
But such a thought is just a dream,
Daddy's not as strong as he seems.
Tiredly back to bed,
his weary feet do go.
Mommy kisses his swimming head.
"You're our castle, dear,
I'm certain you already know!"

Let me know how you liked it and if you want, give me a title for a new poem and I'll see about writing it! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment