Pages

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Updates!

I've been writing a lot! I have a book I'm writing at the moment, set in the early 1900's. It's about a girl and her brother and her brother's bestfriend who's had a breakdown and come out to the country to stay with them over winter break. (Sorry that's the best I can do at giving a basic plot without telling you the whole story :P )

Other than that, I've been sewing some (1700's stays) and doing yet more school.... Arcsin anyone? How about simple squamous epithelium? :D Perhaps chondrocytes? hehehe Anyway, that's what I'm doing right now!

I don't think I have much material for an awkward + awesome. there wasn't any youth group this week! haha

I currently really want to make an 1910's gown... like REALLY want to make one. However, I don't feel like going to the trouble of making a 1910's corset... *cough* So... perhaps I'll just forget about it.. or dream about it or just.. yeah.

That's what's up folks! Hope you had fun reading my little doings :)

6 comments:

  1. This post made me laugh :) I was imagining you saying it all really fast!
    Cant wait to hear more about your book, have you ever made a civil war time period dress?
    -Hannah Bamberg
    http://iowangirl24.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Hannah Sue! Glad you found my blog! Yes, as a matter of fact, my very first clothing sewing project was a Civil War gown! I have a sewing blog (that I don't update near enough! http://sewingroomtales.blogspot.com/ ..however, I haven't been sewing much that could be posted!)

      Thanks for commenting!

      Ruth

      Delete
  2. That sounds like an awesome book you're writing. Oh my goodness it'd be so cool if you made your own vintage dress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Inna! I have made my own vintage dress before, but not 1910's vintage! It was late '40's early '50's! Check it out here http://sewingroomtales.blogspot.com/2014/04/homeschool-ball-part-1-sisters.html

      Thanks for commenting! :)

      Delete
    2. Wow! I love the fabric (tulle!) and everything about the dress is so becomingly elegant. :)

      Delete