Pages

Friday, June 12, 2015

Purity

A few Sundays ago, one of my youth leaders did a very good talk on purity. It was spot on. He pointed out quite a few texts, among which was Paul's instructions to Timothy about how to speak to different people. "Treat older women as mothers, younger women as sisters with all purity." It goes in reverse, too. Pretty much what that passage seemed to say when put in that context was, "If you wouldn't do it to your sister, don't do it to your girlfriend. If you wouldn't do it to your brother, don't do it to your boyfriend."

He also said, personally, that we should keep ourselves as pure as possible. He said that once you're married, you'll wish you had kept yourself even purer than you had. It all made perfect sense. It was a really good talk and not awkward at all (despite sitting between two boys the entire time!) Time and again in the Bible, it says to be pure, to flee youthful lusts.

To my mind, the talk made wonderful sense! I think it was wonderfully put and I know I'm not doing it justice at all. Coming from him, it was said perfectly and I was very happy with it! I think I have the best youth leaders (and ex youth leaders) a teen ever had!

Ruth

4 comments:

  1. Good points! Very true.
    Grace

    theshortendofthing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You would have liked the talk I think, Maggie! It was really well done!

    ReplyDelete